2011年12月11日 星期日

Taiwanese Culture

  One day, I asked my classmates about what food do they think could best represent Taiwanese culture? Most of my classmates said it was Stinky Tofu(臭豆腐). When I asked their opinions about Taiwanese table manners and taboos, they thought the elders were too old-fashioned. I think Taiwanese culture is really rich, but sometimes it is a little bit strange. For example, some adults give you a glass of beer, you have to drink it or they will say you are rude. I think this is the strangest and the worst I have ever heard! What if the person who has to drink beer is under 18 years old? It’s crazy! But I agree on Taiwanese taboos. Some of them have deep meanings. Such as you can’t turn the fish over when you finish eating one side. Because that means the fishing boat will turn over. Others like don’t put your chopsticks upright in your rice is also cool. In a word, I think Taiwanese culture, including the taboos, are really special (a little bit confusing though). Hope we can pass our culture on forever!

 

11 則留言:

  1. Yuck!!! I would never want to try the stinky tofu~

    回覆刪除
  2. I think the stinky tofu is a delicious food

    回覆刪除
  3. It keeps me away when I smell the smell of stinky tofu. So I think I am never going to try it.

    回覆刪除
  4. Stinky tofu is really delicious:)))

    回覆刪除
  5. Please don' t be rude to stinky tofu. The famous international travel channel, TLC, once praised stinky tofu. I think the biggest problem should be the name of the dish.

    回覆刪除
  6. Yup, even I don't agree to some of those weird table manners. But still, I can't say they're not cool, though.

    回覆刪除
  7. Stinky tofu is delicious, forget about the smell.

    回覆刪除
  8. Pass the good cultures to the next generation, but forget the inappropriate cultures.

    回覆刪除
  9. If stinky tofu doesn't have stinky smell, I think it tastes good, but it won't also be "stinky" tofu!

    回覆刪除
  10. Stinky stinky, but I thought it was great!

    回覆刪除
  11. I like stinky tofu with kimchi!!

    回覆刪除